Med-Mizer Home Care solutions
We understand that keeping your loved one safe and comfortable in your home is your focus. At Med-Mizer, it’s our focus, too. When a loved one has an illness or injury, finding the right technology to help keep them at home can make all the difference. We have designed our solutions to provide a more comfortable and safer experience for the user and caregiver.
Please browse through our list of hospital beds and mattresses, and learn how we can provide the right product for your loved one to use in the home. With an industry-leading warranty and products in stock to ship, we are confident we can supply you with the right solution for your needs.
PR1000™/PR8000™ – Pivot Rotation
Getting in and out of bed just got a lot safer…
Caring for a loved one in the home can be a difficult task. Often times illnesses or injuries can leave your loved one with limited strength and mobility. We receive calls from spouses, family members, and friends who are trying to provide care to keep their loved one at home.
We designed this specialized medical bed to help address some of the challenges faced at home:
• Safely entering and exiting the bed – with a built-in stand assist (hi/low) and a full chair seating option, users have a safe and effective way to enter and exit the bed. Caregivers are also protected by not subjecting themselves to pulling/lifting their loved one up and out of bed in an unsafe manner leading to a potential back injury.
• Creating independence and mobility – using the built-in stand assist can help patients regain mobility while providing them the confidence to be more independent in the home.
• Enhancing comfort – whether experiencing a full chair seated position or the joys of a wider bed (42”) users will find enhanced comfort over typical beds offered in the home. From a seated position using the pivot mechanism, the user has access to watch TV, read a book, or chat with family members. Having access to pivot to see the entire room, the user has a much better experience in bed.
• Dignity – not having to rely on multiple caregivers to lift/transfer will help the user not feel like a burden and improve their quality of life
• Reduced Cost – potentially reduce the need for additional equipment (patient lift, lift chair), additional caregivers (one caregiver can operate the bed for transfers), or placing your loved one in a nursing home (private pay).
Helping a loved one transfer in and out of bed can be done in three simple steps:
- Raise the head section
- Separate and lower the leg section
- Grab the turn (pivot) handle and easily slide the bed to a side to allow your loved one the ability to sit in a full chair position and exit/enter the bed safely
Patients who may benefit from this solution:
Alzheimers, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Bariatric, Cerebral Palsy (CP), Dementia, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Muscular Dystrophy (MD), Parkinson’s Disease, Spinal Cord Injury (SCI), quadriplegia, paraplegia, tetraplegia, other forms of paralysis, Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA) or Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and anoxic brain injuries, other mobility limiting conditions, Age in Place, Elderly, etc.
Disclaimer: Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your physician. Each condition symptom listed above will vary by individual.
Comfort Wide™ Series
The three models of the Comfortwide™ series enhance patient comfort while maintaining Med-Mizer®’s standards for patient and caregiver safety. The EX5000™, EX6000™, and EX8000™ come with push-button slide technology that allows the bed to expand from 35 inches up to 48 inches (maximum width depends on bed model).
The EX5000™ comes with Med-Mizer®’s retracting bed technology, reducing the potential for falls. And, the EX6000™ and EX8000™, maximum working capacities of 600 and 800 pounds respectively, provide comfort for bariatric patients, while toolless set-up and sliding technology make storage and transportation simple.
Contact a Med-Mizer patient advocate today through phone or email. Our team will spend time understanding your condition and product needs. We have extensive product experience with elders looking to age in place, special needs, pediatrics, chronic conditions, and catastrophic injuries. We are here to support you and are willing to supply you with a variety of material and even conduct a live demonstration (web) to help you support your product selection.
Call us today to learn more at 877.867.7365