The RetractaBed® — Available in Fixed and Expandable Width Low Bed
The RetractaBed® frame was designed to help reduce resident falls and increase staff productivity for long term care – all packaged in a space saving design. With the unique retracting low bed frame we provide residents a safe manner to access their personal items. The bed retracts towards the head section and pulls the resident closer to the bed side cabinet. This function also reduces the foot print in the room, leaving more space for additional medical equipment (patient lift, wheelchair, walker, etc).
• Clinical-Contour®: An exclusive feature that reduces skin shear and the repositioning of residents. Comes standard on both expandable and fixed width versions.
• Comfort Wide™: Bed expands from 35 to 39 to 42 inches wide at the touch of a button for more comfort and flexibility.
• Evac Position™: Extra positioning to make the bed narrower so if a sidebar is attached it can still pass through doors less than 36 inches wide.
• Vertical Storage: With space at a premium in long-term care, the Retractabed permits a vertical footprint of approximately 4 square feet.
• Staff Lockout Control: Built in on the pendant, this standard feature to prevent unintended operation.
• Backlit Pendant: Standard on both fixed and expandable versions allowing the controls to be viewed easier as well as provide additional safety at night.
• Wall Bumpers: Soft non-marking bumpers come standard to protect walls from damage.
• SureLock: Added safety feature and improved ease of use for locking casters.
• Embedded Bed Controls: Optionally fixed controls in assist bar or head rail reduces replacement handsets and increases staff productivity.