Discontinued – PR1000™ Pivot Rehab Rotational Bed
• Ideal for homecare, skilled care, palliative and hospice care, rehabilitation and long-term care.
• Safely enter and exit the bed with the built-in stand assist.
• Egress/Ingress is safer for the caregiver by not subjecting them to pulling or lifting the resident out of the bed in an unsafe manner, which may lead to back injury.
• Improves the level of in-room physical therapy.
• Promotes better positioning and comfort with the full chair position.
• Enhances early mobility and promotes independence.
• Special rollers on head section prevent the mattress from bunching in the seated position preventing unwanted pressure to the lower back.
• Simplifies transfers.
• Pressure relieving mattress with a high level of comfort
• Achieve a high fowler position (close to 90º) for residents who need to sit in an upright position.
My mom said she likes that it is on wheels, so can be moved closer to the bathroom or rotated toward another window if wanted.
The mattress is comfortable and has a breathable water resistant cover. We put an extra absorptive pad on top which also helps to adjust her while in the bed. She developed a bed sore while in ccu. After rehab it was nearly gone and has had no new bed sores since. I think it has a lot to do with the extra mobility afforded by the pivot/ottoman design and bedframe rollers that reduce mattress pinching at the lower back.
The chair/ottoman features are extremely useful. It allows her to sit up on the bed and we have a small bicycle machine she uses to exercise her legs with the ottoman portion of the bed lowered and back raised.
The pivot action is the greatest feature. It makes transfers much easier and she would not be as active without it. Also, it is a huge convenience for my sister and her back, who does the transfers. I noticed during the hospital stay that moving from wheelchair to hospital bed was very stressful on both my mom and the physical therapist because of the awkward unnatural rotation after the person is sitting on the bed and lifting the legs at the same time. The pivot action does most of the work for you and reduces transfer to a couple of simple movements. The pivot feature feels stable when rotating and glides very smoothly and even locks into position.
I wrote the review because during purchase 06/2017 there were none and hope it helps others. I highly recommend calling med mart directly, if you have any doubts. Margaret was extremely knowledgeable and a really nice person. Steve S.